d80117G Wehrmacht Heer Tiger Ace Otto Carius Standard Version
Otto Carius was one of most celebrated German Panzer ace of WW2, fighting on the Panzer 38(t), Tiger and finally the Jagdtiger. It is estimated that during the war, Carius’ crew managed to knock out more than 150 enemy vehicles, mostly on the Eastern Front.
Carius suffered serious wounds in 1944, getting shot in leg, arm and neck, but he survived. He surrendered to the United States Army on 7 May 1945. After the war, he opened a pharmacy called ‘Tiger – Apotheke’, that exist of to this day. He also authored about his wartime experiences, entitled ‘Tigers in the Mud’.
On the 24 January 2015, the last surviving well-know commander passed away at the age of 92.
Video review by Toy’s TV from Hong Kong.
Disclaimer: the above is the author’s personal opinion and is not the opinion of DID.
Full Part List
- Super realistic headsculpt
- Short body
- Palms x 3 pairs (Open palms,Relaxed palms and Palms for holding pistol)
- M36 uniform
- White shirt
- Panzer uniform (Tunic and Trousers)
- Grey shirt
- German Army visor cap
- Side cap
- Grey gloves
- Brown leather belt in geniune leather
- German Army ankle boots (made of geniune leather)
- Throat vibration headset
- P38 pistol with holster in geniune leather
- One dagger with sheath and hanger
- Collar tabs X 2 pairs
- Shoulder boards X 2 pairs
- Breast eagles x 2
- Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross with oak leaves
- Iron Cross 1nd Class
- Wound Badge in gold
- Panzer Assault Badge in silver
- Panzer Assault Badge for 100 Engagements
- One ribbon bar